Synthwave for System 8
Synthwave for System 8 is the first product from Symplesound and the Carma Studio. This sound bank consist of 32 patches for the System 8 engine, 32 patches for the Jupiter 8 Plug-out and 32 patches for the Juno 106 Plug-out. Available soon!
The New Classic
Inspired by the past, built in the present, and designed for the future, the Roland SYSTEM-8 is the result of over four decades of synthesizer development. Using the most powerful hardware synthesizer heart we’ve ever created, the SYSTEM-8 has three oscillators per voice, incredible multimode filtering, a myriad of modulation opportunities, and an array of Roland-quality effects. With the many unique oscillator and filter types available, it offers a sonic palette of almost limitless potential. This is why legendary artists the world over have already made the SYSTEM-8 part of their arsenals. The Roland SYSTEM-8 Software Synthesizer brings the powerful sound of this future classic to computer-based musicians and producers everywhere as part of the Roland Cloud membership!
- Cutting-edge synthesizer powered by Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) modeling
- Retro-analog and dynamic modern sounds sweetened by powerful DSP effects
- Many analog and digital oscillator types including Saw, Square, Triangle, FM, Logic, Vowel, and more
- Several multimode filter types including authentic JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 filters
- Versatile LFO with extensive modulation possibilities
- Serves as a computer-based editor for Roland SYSTEM-8 hardware synthesizer
- VST, AAX and AU compatible
The SYSTEM-8’s synth architecture draws on our deep history of research and development—and it includes a wealth of classic style oscillators, filters, and effects. But the SYSTEM-8 goes way beyond vintage. It has multiple flavors of carefully crafted digital and analog-style oscillators including Saw, Square, Triangle (and all their “Super” counterparts), FM and more completely unique waveforms. Filter options include the famous JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 filters as well as more recent designs like the unique Side Band Filter found in the V-Synth. Ever wondered what an FM synth with a JUPITER-8 filter would be like? Now you can find out. The SYSTEM-8 is unparalleled in its versatility, going from glass to growl, or pluck to punch, with just a few knob tweaks.
While the appearance and basic creative flow of the Roland SYSTEM-8 Software Synthesizer will be very familiar to analog synth fans, its sonic potential is by no means locked in the past! An impressive three oscillators per voice can generate the full tonal range between analog sweet and digital grit, while the SYSTEM-8’s incredibly powerful multimode filter section is rich with personality (actually, multiple personalities!). DSP Effects are an integral part of the modern synthesist’s workflow, and the Roland SYSTEM-8’s multiple dedicated effects processors won’t disappoint.
Ultimate Programming & Performance Control
For synthesizer power-users, combining the Roland SYSTEM-8 Software Synthesizer with its hardware brother is an unbeatable pairing! You’ll love being able to play and shape your sounds with a great-feeling, velocity-sensitive keyboard with dedicated physical controls for nearly every function. And the SYSTEM-8 hardware is also a high-quality, high-resolution USB audio/MIDI interface making live or setups clean and simple. If you perform live, you’ll appreciate being able to transfer your SYSTEM-8 Software Synthesizer patches to your hardware and take to the stage computer-free!
New in 1.3
- Two new FM oscillators (each with six variations)
- Variation 1 has six FM waveforms produced by two sine-wave operators
- Variation 2 has a combination of three sine-wave operations and two triangle-wave oscillators
- Five new filter variations
- JUPITER-8 high/low-pass filters
- JUNO-106 high/low-pass filters
- Two different formant filters that bring “human voice” or “vowel” elements
- A harmonic filter that uses feedback to vary the overtone